Buying a house is the most important moment in one’s life and you must not squander it at any cost. You can choose from a list of homes for sale in Abbotsford and move in quickly with your loved ones. However, there are a few details that nobody shares with you when going for a major purchase.
Here are 8 things that you must remember when buying a house:
- Having a realtor to initiate negotiations: Let your realtor represent you during the negotiations. WIth their experience and expertise in solicitations you can be rest assured that they will work out the best deal for your at all times. If you think that you can negotiate yourself, always consult a realtor at least once.
- Don’t compromise on quality of services: While having a cheap solicitor might sound like a good idea, it actually isn’t. A cheap solicitor will only provide low quality services and it will in turn cost you much more. They aren’t well versed with negotiations and often lack persuasive abilities. Therefore, invest in a solicitor for more benefits.
- Be patient when the negotiations start: Negotiations have an unpredictable time of initiation and involves everyone involved such as- owner, seller, and agents. Maintain your cool and do not let your feelings get the best of you. It is unwise to simply lay out your feelings about a house as it may allow the seller to become rigid during the negotiations.
- Be transparent when enquiring for a mortgage with banks: Do not hide any information from the bank whenever applying for a mortgage. Fill all the information honestly and diligently. In case of untrue information you will be the sufferers as it will just delay the bank’s process. Work proactively and have the required documents ready.
- Voice your concerns without hesitation: You can always ask your agent any questions that you have in mind. Be it the pricing or anything else. Always go prepared into the negotiations with the market prices on your tips.
- Be vigilant- don’t let hidden costs rob you: Be clear about the separate fees involved in the process. Get all the information beforehand so that you know exactly about the amount of money that would be required to finalize the deal. Solicitor can handle these concerns, but you would be required for documents, registry/transfer fees and stamp taxes.
- Owners have no obligations to stick to one deal: Till the time the contracts have been exchanged formally and deals finalized, there is no liability on the part of the seller towards the buyer. They can change their mind at any point of time. To avoid such contingencies, it is advisable, not to have a long period of time between exchange of contracts. Longer the delay, more are the chances of deal going sour. Keep your money ready when dealing.
- Always check the basics after buying the house: Check if all the amenities are functioning properly and efficiently. Are there any repairs that the property needs? Get all these details checked and it is always best to check with energy suppliers to make the place energy efficient with eligible free insulation.
In case you don’t feel comfortable with the condition of the house before the final exchange, you can always call in for a building survey of the house. Yes, you will have to spend more money to get that done. The surveyors check every inch intricately can point out any structural weaknesses that they find. Thus, making it a worthwhile investment. To know more about the available listings in your preferred locations visit http://abbotsfordhomeforsale.ca/ today and find your dream home.